Friday, February 18, 2011

When I do something...

I jump in with both feet! So I bought a Cricut Expression about a year ago and I hadn't used it much. Well, that has changed. I have turned into a Cricuting fool! I also found some digital scrapbooking files I bought and I made a few pages with them. So far I have mostly made cards but I know scrapbook pages are soon to follow. Here are some examples of what I have made, I'll catch you up until today:

Here is the first card I made:
DSCN2134

I used the "Cuttin' Up" Cartridge.

Next, the ugliest card award goes to....
DSCN2141

I was just playing around with the "Give a Hoot" Cartridge and this is what I came up with. I was trying to play with patterns and solids.

I got the Cricut Design Studio and this card was my first try at welding letters together:
DSCN2140

It actually turned out pretty well. The font is from "Cuttin' Up" and the heart globe is for "Give A Hoot."

During the Super Bowl my mother and I had a mini-crop, I made this Valentine card for my husband:

The font is "Cuttin' up" (can you tell my font carts are limited?) and the frog is from "Once Upon a Princess." Super cute cart!

My best "guy-friend" had a birthday in early February and I need to make him a card...
IMG_1528
I think it turned out pretty cute. This card (sentiment and picture) are from the "Sweet Treats"
cartridge. Such a cute cart! I also got to use my new Stampin' Up stamps and stamp pads!

One day I stayed home from work sick and when I woke up I found that my Mother-in-law had cleaned up the entire living-room for me. I had to make her a card too!
DSCN2114
The font is...you guessed it, "Cuttin' Up" and the deer is from "Give a Hoot." The "Thanks" stamp is from Stampin' Up.

THEN I got the "Create a Critter" cartridge, I'm in love! This card is a little gaudy but I still think it is cute.
DSCN2138
Both the sentiment and the character are from "Create a Critter."

I broke down a bought some Peechy Keen stamps and I made this little guy from "Paper Doll Dress Up" cart.
IMG_1549

This is a "just for fun" cut from the "Forever Young" cartridge.
IMG_1515

As I get more materials and carts I think my creativity gets a jolt! This is my favorite card so far:
DSCN2136
The Piggy, the flowers, and the thought bubble are all from "Create a Critter," The sentiment and the stem part of the flower the pig is holding is from "Cuttin' Up." I used a little Stickles to add some sparkle and I had the flower shaped bling from a kit I bought a LONG time ago. My white pen is my new favorite tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment